Your first visit to our practice will include a complete dental exam. At that time, and at following regular check-ups, your dentist and hygienist will include:
- Diagnostic x-rays: To check for tooth decay, tumours, cysts, bone loss and the position of your teeth.
- Oral cancer screening: To check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: To check your gums, and the bone around your teeth, for any signs of periodontal (gum) disease.
- Examination of the surface of your teeth: To check for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: To check your fillings, crowns, veneers, etc.